Re: v2: The GNU C Library 2.16 release plan

On 05/10/2012 04:23 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

The timeline looks like this:

* Development freeze of trunk on Monday June 4th.

* Last day of active development is Sunday June 3rd.

* [3 weeks] Ask all machine maintainers to test and report back the status of their machines.

* Updating ABI files so ABI check passes.

* Updating ULPs for the release.

* Regenerating any machine files that are out of date.

If I hear back from the machine maintainers quickly then this might be as short as 1-2 days and we release early.

* [1 week] Between June 25th-29th I will branch master to the 2.16 branch and, after any last minute tweaks, tag it for a final release.

* The release will be made on the first week of July.

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Glibc%20Timeline

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release
Seems pretty reasonable. I don't see that there'll be time to dive into the ongoing problems with pthread_cond_wait on x86/x86_64, so the distros will likely continue to hack that up.

Time scale looks good for Fedora; I'd probably look to update fedora rawhide in the next week or so to track the 2.16 bits.

Jeff