This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
v2: The GNU C Library 2.16 release plan
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos_odonell at mentor dot com>
- To: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Andreas Jaegar <aj at suse dot com>, PaulEggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>, "H.J.Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:23:10 -0400
- Subject: v2: The GNU C Library 2.16 release plan
I would like to freeze trunk for a 2.16 release starting June 4th.
There are 3 more weeks of active development left.
The freeze has been pushed back 3 weeks:
* We want to allow for x32 to be included in the release. Please help review x32 patches!
* Andreas Jaegar has a suggested these bugs:
* Joseph Myers would like to see Paul Eggert's approved patches checked in.
* Ryan Arnold has outstanding PowerPC math library fixes to verify and checkin.
The timeline looks like this:
* Development freeze of trunk on Monday June 4th.
* Last day of active development is Sunday June 3rd.
* [3 weeks] Ask all machine maintainers to test and report back the status of their machines.
* Updating ABI files so ABI check passes.
* Updating ULPs for the release.
* Regenerating any machine files that are out of date.
If I hear back from the machine maintainers quickly then this might be as short as 1-2 days and we release early.
* [1 week] Between June 25th-29th I will branch master to the 2.16 branch and, after any last minute tweaks, tag it for a final release.
* The release will be made on the first week of July.
Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
+1 (613) 963 1026