This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC - Optimization for nearbyint[f]
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:11:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC - Optimization for nearbyint[f]
- References: <4ED6307A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 7:32 AM, Adhemerval Zanella
> This patch provides throughput boost for the nearbyint[f] functions
> for POWER. For POWER7, it improves performance for nearbyintf from
> 5 (ppc32) to 6 times (ppc64) and for nearbyint from 2.5 up to 5
> times. For POWER6 it improves nearbyintf up to 4x (ppc64) and
> nearbyint up to 2x.
I'm acking this patch for PowerPC. We discussed the maintenance
implications of having this coded in asm and feel that the performance
improvements are worth it.
Ryan S. Arnold