This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: obstack default alignment
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Benno <benjl at cse dot unsw dot edu dot au>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:33:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: obstack default alignment
- References: <20040809233554.GX862@cse.unsw.edu.au>
Benno <email@example.com> writes:
> I would have thought it made sense to set the default alignment in the same
> way as malloc(). However failing shouldn't the code actually implement the
> docs and set the alignment to 4, rather than calculating?
It is never an error to return more alignment than what is garanteed.
After all, an 8 byte aligned object is also 4 byte aligned.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."