This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC/PATCH] RT-NPTL-2.3 1/7
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: "Hu, Boris" <boris dot hu at intel dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 07:01:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] RT-NPTL-2.3 1/7
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <37FBBA5F3A361C41AB7CE44558C3448E04C6F42B@pdsmsx403>
Hu, Boris wrote:
> * It has been stated by many people on lkml that multiplexing
> syscalls is not desirable.
The syscall already exists. Therefore this argument makes absolutely no
sense at all.
> * It is a different interface.
Yes, because you designed it that way.
> * Last year you asked for splitting of the patch. Inaky gave
> you a list of reasons why that was not that doable.
And I did not agree with them.
Again, there has been no effort on your side to make the generally
usable parts of that code (for robust mutexes) available. The realtime
stuff in no case is of any interest since it is so very much slower.
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â