This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Enable 128bit soft-fp for ia32 and ia64?
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:08:01 -0800
- Subject: Enable 128bit soft-fp for ia32 and ia64?
Gcc 3.4 and above support __float128 for both ia32 and ia64. But there
are no supporting 128bit soft-fp. I'd like to enable soft-fp in glibc
for ia32 and ia64 so that __float128 can be used in gcc 3.4 under
ia32 and ia64. The first issue is "long double" used in soft-fp. I'd
like to change it to foat128_type, quad_float or quad_double, which
will be typedefed to "long double" by default.