This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Enable 128bit soft-fp for ia32 and ia64?
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:14:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: Enable 128bit soft-fp for ia32 and ia64?
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <20040326220801.GA25779@lucon.org>
H. J. Lu wrote:
> Gcc 3.4 and above support __float128 for both ia32 and ia64. But there
> are no supporting 128bit soft-fp. I'd like to enable soft-fp in glibc
> for ia32 and ia64
No. I have no interest in support that crap. There are three float
format defined in C, that's it. Create your own separate library to
support additional types.
And stop cross-posting, dammit.
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â