This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Microoptimize regex, take 2
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:05:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Microoptimize regex, take 2
- References: <20040324110559.GA18564@fencepost>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:05:59AM -0500, Bonzini wrote:
> Hi. This is the same series of speedups that I sent earlier in
> March, without the changes for expecting mb_cur_max to be 1.
> Note that I did not refer to linguistic minorities, but to
> a relative minority of UTF8 regexes that can actually be optimized,
> for example regexes with character ranges cannot be reduced to
> mb_cur_max to be 1. Anyway no problem, I take your point and
> here is the updated patch you requested.
> 2004-03-24 Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com>
> * posix/regex_internal.c (free_state): Free the
> word_trtable if it is used.
> (re_string_reconstruct, re_string_context_at): Add
> several branch predictions for mb_cur_max == 1,
> case-sensitive matching and no transition table being used.
Then you shouldn't mention it in the ChangeLog either ;).