This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: misc vfprintf cleanups admissible?
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:31:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: misc vfprintf cleanups admissible?
- References: <3FCA4589.firstname.lastname@example.org> <15B4AC3A-2374-11D8-A9E0-000393750C1E@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 03:30:49PM -0500, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> >>Would a patch converting the following macros to inline functions be
> >Not if the object code is changed.
> Is this a speed issue? Have macros been known to be faster for this
> particular case? Or is this some weird ABI issue I am unaware of?
> If it is a speed issue, are we talking _exactly_ the same object code,
> or will we worry about a few extra instructions ;-).
I think if you make the code smaller and faster (and still correct), nobody
will complain that it is not exactly the same object code.