This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: misc vfprintf cleanups admissible?
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:30:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: misc vfprintf cleanups admissible?
Would a patch converting the following macros to inline functions be
Not if the object code is changed.
Is this a speed issue? Have macros been known to be faster for this
particular case? Or is this some weird ABI issue I am unaware of?
If it is a speed issue, are we talking _exactly_ the same object code,
or will we worry about a few extra instructions ;-).