This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Spurious rebuild of Versions.v.i
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:52:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: Spurious rebuild of Versions.v.i
- References: <200311120130.hAC1UNIZ007070@magilla.sf.frob.com>
Roland McGrath wrote:
I don't remember precisely what went wrong, but I'm guessing that it's
the use of a temporary file with a fixed name (Versions.v.iT).
Redirecting into the file from both awks may produce strange results,
f.ex. temporary corruption of Versions.i long enough to generate a
That *shouldn't* happen, since I think the .i file is created as a temp
file, then mv'd into position, which ought to be atomic.
But if Dan J says he saw it fail, that's a good enough excuse
to stop running that rule twice at the same time.