This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Spurious rebuild of Versions.v.i
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:30:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: Spurious rebuild of Versions.v.i
> I don't remember precisely what went wrong, but I'm guessing that it's
> the use of a temporary file with a fixed name (Versions.v.iT).
> Redirecting into the file from both awks may produce strange results,
> f.ex. temporary corruption of Versions.i long enough to generate a
> corrupt Versions.v.