This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/3604] syslog: messages meant for LOG_KERN go to LOG_USER
- From: "et at tallmaple dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 28 Nov 2006 18:42:33 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/3604] syslog: messages meant for LOG_KERN go to LOG_USER
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From et at tallmaple dot com 2006-11-28 18:42 -------
I'm guessing now that this was intentional, to make it harder for userland
programs to "spoof" messages from the kernel. I see that klogd has its own
implementation of this API which seems to be about the same, except with this
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.