Re: [Discussion] what about change the arguments of create_breakpoint to a struct?

On 8/1/12 10:39 PM, Hui Zhu wrote:
Hi guys,

create_breakpoint have 15 argument.  I am not sure its number will
increase or not.  But this number is increasing recently.
I thought it make code work about breakpoint not very easy.

So I suggest change the arguments of create_breakpoint to a struct.
What do you think about it?

Yeah, I've thought about that a couple times too. The arguments from arg to wanted_type seem like a logical group, basically the proto-breakpoint properties. It occurs to me that there is some conceptual overlap with uploaded tracepoints and breakpoints, which also work with a package of properties that may or may not correspond to an actual breakpoint, so maybe we can cover all of those cases with a generic breakpoint_properties struct that is raw data with no constraints imposed on it.

And as Tom said, you'll need to coordinate with Keith.

Stan
stan@codesourcery.com