Re: Error while mapping shared library sections

> All the libraries are at the locations in the remote target as given
> in the error messages so I don't understand why this is happening.  I
> did read in several google located accounts that this is fixed by
> upgrading gdb to version 6.1; however I am using version 6.8 so it
> can't be that.

All the libraries should be available on the host as well, so that GDB
can read the symbols from them.

Exerpt from the GDB Manual:

    20.3.2 Connecting to gdbserver

    Run gdb on the host system.

    First make sure you have the necessary symbol files. Load symbols
    for your application using the file command before you connect. Use
    set sysroot to locate target libraries (unless your gdb was compiled
    with the correct sysroot using --with-sysroot).

--
Joel