This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
adding new commandline interface to gdb ?
- From: raja dot saleru at iap-online dot com
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:35:29 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: adding new commandline interface to gdb ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We are connecting gdb running on cygwin host into gdbserver running on
target using the command "target remote host:port". The gdbserver contains
the name of the target, for example
TargetName = "xxx".
We would like to read the name of the target from gdb, using command-line
Lets say we would like to add the new command
(gdb) target info target-name
This should display the target name "xxx".
Initially before thinking on RSP protocol, we need to register this command.
Please give us some guidelines on how to register or how to proceed to add
new commandline interface to get the target name.
Thanks in advance