This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: adding new commandline interface to gdb ?
- From: teawater <teawater at gmail dot com>
- To: raja dot saleru at iap-online dot com
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:09:03 +0800
- Subject: Re: adding new commandline interface to gdb ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Read source in
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 18:35, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> We are connecting gdb running on cygwin host into gdbserver running on
> target using the command "target remote host:port". The gdbserver contains
> the name of the target, for example
> TargetName = "xxx".
> We would like to read the name of the target from gdb, using command-line
> Lets say we would like to add the new command
> (gdb) target info target-name
> This should display the target name "xxx".
> Initially before thinking on RSP protocol, we need to register this command.
> Please give us some guidelines on how to register or how to proceed to add
> new commandline interface to get the target name.
> Thanks in advance
> Raja Saleru