This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Debugging an OpenMP program with gcc4.2 and gdb 6.6
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Martin Rivers <rivers at lexmark dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:42:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: Debugging an OpenMP program with gcc4.2 and gdb 6.6
- References: <46601BB3.5C95F7F3@lpdev.prtdev.lexmark.com>
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:14:27AM -0400, Martin Rivers wrote:
> I admit I'm new to openmp but the above run control during the debug sessions
> above don't seem right. Is this what is expected? Am I missing some gdb
> patch? Am I missing some other special debugging option?
My guess is that either GCC is not emitting adequate debug info for
OpenMP, or the debug info necessary is so complex that GDB doesn't
understand it. I don't know if GDB and GOMP have been used together