Re: Urgent help please...

> Attack this from two fronts.  Immediately power down the
> computer and remove the hard drive.  Take it to the nearest
> data rescue center to get your deleted files back.  This is
> generally possible if done right away.

    It is too late for this I think... I was compiling GTK+ at the same
time, and probably the data is already gone... :-[
    A wild idea I had was to get the source back with a kind of
reverse-compiling of the binaryes I have together with the symbol info
present with the debugging data... Anyone tried or herd of a thing like this
before?...

Carlos