This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] DWARF: Don't add nameless modules to partial symbol table.
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernhard Heckel <bernhard dot heckel at intel dot com>
- Cc: qiyaoltc at gmail dot com, palves at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 16:37:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] DWARF: Don't add nameless modules to partial symbol table.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
Bernhard Heckel <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> A name for BLOCK DATA in Fortran is optional. If no
> name has been assigned, GDB will crash during read-in of DWARF
> when BLOCK DATA is represented via DW_TAG_module.
> BLOCK DATA is used for one-time initialization of
> non-pointer variables in named common blocks.
I compiled your test case block-data.f, but there is no DW_TAG_module in
debug info. It has DW_TAG_common_block. IOW, I run block-data.exp
without your fix in dwarf2read.c, there is no crash in GDB. My gfotran