This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 00/13] Split brekapoint_from_pc to breakpoint_kind_from_pc and sw_breakpoint_from_kind
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 11:17:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/13] Split brekapoint_from_pc to breakpoint_kind_from_pc and sw_breakpoint_from_kind
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch series is to split gdbarch method brekapoint_from_pc to
> methods breakpoint_kind_from_pc and sw_breakpoint_from_kind. After
> these changes, new gdbarch methods breakpoint_kind_from_pc and
> sw_breakpoint_from_kind are more preferred than brekapoint_from_pc.
> In this patch https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2016-05/msg00201.html,
> I wanted to remove a global variable arm_override_mode, and the
> discussion leads to a design here
> https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2016-07/msg00211.html In short,
> we reuse bp_target_info.placed_size as the "kind" of a breakpoint,
> which can be got by gdbarch breakpoint_kind_from_pc or
> I choose a way that I can change the code incrementally, and make the
> review easier. Patch #1, #2, #5, and #8 are obvious, IMO. Patch #7
> and #12 do the major work, and the rest are code refactor.
> Regression tested on arm-linux and x86_64-linux. Tests on other
> architectures are welcome!
I've pushed patches 1#, #2, and #5 in, because they are obvious.
Update patch 7 to cover arc.