This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: tentative schedule for next GDB release branch?
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 11:40:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: tentative schedule for next GDB release branch?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161007174541.GA12423@adacore.com>
On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
> Given that we have switched to requiring a C++ compiler to build GDB,
> how about we call that release 8.0? If people agree, I'll change
Yes, I agree.
> the version.in file to be something a little closer to 8.0 without
> actually being 8.0: 7.99.50??? Strictly speaking, I don't think we
> really need to make that version change, as I could simply do the jump
> at the same time we cut the branch. But I'm afraid I might forget,
> and create the wrong branch name, etc. This might help me remember,
> as well as also serve as kind of a pre-announcement on the new version
Anything can make the release process easier for you is helpful.