This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] crash while re-reading symbols from objfile on ppc-aix.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:05:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] crash while re-reading symbols from objfile on ppc-aix.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384258285-21433-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com> <874n7hilie dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <20131112175335 dot GF3481 at adacore dot com>
Joel> .. the important piece seems to be that gdb_bfd_requires_relocations
Joel> needs to be false. gdb_bfd_requires_relocations iterates over
Joel> all sections looking for SEC_RELOC:
Joel> Is that enough to explain the non-sharing?
I think gdb_bfd_requires_relocations needs some refinement. It only
truly needs to check sections from which debug symbols may be created.
I will look into it. I'm not sure if it's possible to get this
information in a reasonably object- and debuginfo-format-independent way.