This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] crash while re-reading symbols from objfile on ppc-aix.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:21:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] crash while re-reading symbols from objfile on ppc-aix.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384258285-21433-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> The critical difference between
Joel> a platform such as x86_64-linuxe where it works, and ppc-aix,
Joel> where it doesn't lies in the fact that bfd-data sharing is not
Joel> activated on ppc-aix, and as a result, the per-bfd data gets
Joel> allocated on the objfile's obstack instead of in the bfd objalloc:
I'm curious to know why it doesn't share.
Joel> * symfile.c (reread_symbols): Move call to set_objfile_per_bfd
Joel> after re-initialization of OBJFILE's obstack.
Joel> Tested on x86_64-linux, no regression. Also tested on ppc-aix using
Joel> AdaCore's testsuite (expect hangs at the end of the test, on ppc-aix,
Joel> so I can't collect any result).
Joel> Ok to commit?
Yes, definitely. Thanks.