This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: patch: solib_break from _r_debug.r_brk
- From: Aleksandar Ristovski <aristovski at qnx dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 13:58:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: patch: solib_break from _r_debug.r_brk
- References: <email@example.com> <4E847A11.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4E8A1D11.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 11-10-04 12:58 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Aleksandar" == Aleksandar Ristovski<firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Aleksandar> Tom, thanks for looking into this, but I have meanwhile done
Aleksandar> further testing on gnu/linux and uncovered that it is not
Aleksandar> worth pursuing. While it works for us, it doesn't on
Aleksandar> gnu/linux and I am not sure it can be made generic enough to
Aleksandar> defend it:
Aleksandar> Sorry about that.
No problem. Somehow I didn't see that message.
I think we can always make things work. E.g., we could make this
OS-dependent, say via gdbarch. Whether you want to take the time is
really up to you.
I plan to revisit it. Thanks for the gdbarch suggestion.