This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: patch: solib_break from _r_debug.r_brk
- From: Aleksandar Ristovski <aristovski at qnx dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:37:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: patch: solib_break from _r_debug.r_brk
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4E847A11.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11-10-03 04:12 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Aleksandar" == Aleksandar Ristovski<email@example.com> writes:
Aleksandar> + const unsigned ptrsz
Aleksandar> + = builtin_type (target_gdbarch)->builtin_func_ptr->length;
You should use TYPE_LENGTH here, not ->length.
Aleksandar> <date> Aleksandar Ristovski<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Aleksandar> * solib-svr4.c (svr4_fetch_solib_break_from_r_debug): New.
Aleksandar> (enable_break): Use new function.
I don't really know much about this area; I think it would be better for
someone else to review the patch. Be sure to ping it weekly. After a
decent interval without replies I will take a stab at it.
Tom, thanks for looking into this, but I have meanwhile done further
testing on gnu/linux and uncovered that it is not worth pursuing. While
it works for us, it doesn't on gnu/linux and I am not sure it can be
made generic enough to defend it:
Sorry about that.