Draft 3 document status update

I have nearly finished with my editing work for Draft 3 of the Dwarf V2.1
document, where "finished" here means doing as much as I'm going to do this
time around (which is actually quite a lot). Draft 3 is now up-to-date
with last weeks' 16 May formal meeting and subsequent editorial review
session. I should be forwarding the documents to Mike and Jim for posting
tomorrow.

There are just a few loose ends remaining, which I want to post "for the
record" (as a kind of "to do" list for later):

  - On the inside of the cover page, the "quoted" copyright and trademarks
    need to be updated.

    I have sent mail to Joel Silverstein asking for help on this, so far
    without a responce. Perhaps others of you know how get more current
    information?

  - There is a big need for some kind of overview of the Dwarf format as
    a whole in the beginning of Chapter 2, before we jump into the details
    of TAGs/attributes/classes/et al starting in 2.1. Right now the
    section between 2 and 2.1 is *empty*! (Always has been...) What an
    opportunity!!

    (One tool that might be helpful is the new Appendix 7 containing Dave A's
    section relationship diagram, which can be referenced for part of
    the content.)

    I am not going to have a chance to even think about this for the next
    month or so. If someone would like to volunteer to take a crack at it,
    that would be great! Don't be bashful...

  - It was suggested that there ought to be index entries for every occurence
    of every DW_* symbol in the entire document.

    I think I know how to do this using some Word 97 magic. (I may even
    be able to segregate it into a separate "Index of Dwarf Symbols".)
    But, this is best left until later when there will be little adding
    of additional symbols expected.

  - In Section 5.13.1, the current description is a bit too terse and does
    not capture the essense of the ideas in Appendix 6. I'll have another
    try at this later...

That's all, folks.

Ron