This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: POSIX permission mapping and NULL SIDs
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 18:06:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: POSIX permission mapping and NULL SIDs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <D392BA70 dot 95D4%billziss at navimatics dot com> <20160624195144 dot GB27089 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <D392F074 dot 962E%billziss at navimatics dot com> <20160624215948 dot GD27089 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> I am inclined to try S-1-5-7 (Anonymous). But I do not know if that is a
>> bad choice for some reason or other.
> I thought about Anonymous myself when I wrote my reply to your OP. I
> refrained from mentioning it because it might have some unexpected side
> effect we're not aware about.
I know in at least some versions of IIS, the Anonymous SID is the one
explicitly used for all not logged in www/ftp/etc clients connecting
to IIS -- not sure if that would affect this discussion.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple