This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- From: Gerrit Haase <gerrit dot haase at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 17:35:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: Don't I get /etc/profile with a fresh installation?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+Fg1xbJcaBO9UYvN4TFs8GFhTnGWcWWwg+TtuqukA_peHvhcQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <198991484 dot 20160315163836 at yandex dot ru> <CA+Fg1xZqQCyuoLPWqvy7bk5m=qhpAcv0i8T1wOHu-AX8ev-f3Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACoZoo2BkezcDxfHOp_G=4eJu4EXwDUABbW37hNPz-M8WMzb7g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+Fg1xYMfZerVFSUcXp9RHg0K5vbOMCot5FrRO5=JAHxgM3_bQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160315T153252-984 at post dot gmane dot org>
2016-03-15 15:38 GMT+01:00 Achim Gratz writes:
> Gerrit Haase <gerrit.haase <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> setup.log attached.
>> Nothing suspicious like missing packages or so.
> It is in fact very suspicious. How did you manage to skip almost all
> packages in category Base, of which _all_ need to be installed? The only
> way to do this is to manually de-select all these packages, so please don't
> do that.
>> In which package is the script base-files-profile.sh included?
> In base-files, if it wasn't obvious already.
How can I see all packages in Base category, I am in offline mode, and
it shows me only all the packages which are present in my package
How did you find, that there were more missing?
BTW, the first issue is resolved for me now. As I was doing the
installation in offline mode and using a local repository, and didn't
update the base-files package in the first run, it was not picking the
previous version, and not choking about not able to resolve required
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple