This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs and last libpng release
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:13:25 -0600
- Subject: Re: Emacs and last libpng release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DA37E4 dot 1060706 at alice dot it> <54DA4363 dot 2040306 at cornell dot edu>
On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 12:44 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 2/10/2015 11:55 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> > Ken Brown wrote:
> >> I think the better way is for all libraries that rely on libpng15 to rebuild
> >> for libpng16.
> > Does this mean that there is some library which, after being rebuilt, will allow
> > Emacs to be build OB, linking to libpng16, without the need to install libpng15?
> I think that's right. It looks to me like ImageMagick and fontconfig are both
> adding -lpng15 to the link command line. I'm puzzled about fontconfig because
> it was just rebuilt.
> $ pkg-config --libs fontconfig
> -lfontconfig -lexpat -lfreetype -lbz2 -lz -lpng15 -lm -lz -lexpat -lfreetype
> -lbz2 -lz -lpng16 -lm -lz
> Yaakov, can you explain this?
cygcheck -c libfontconfig-devel libfreetype-devel ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple