This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs and last libpng release
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:23:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: Emacs and last libpng release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DA37E4 dot 1060706 at alice dot it> <54DA4363 dot 2040306 at cornell dot edu> <1423592005 dot 11468 dot 55 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On 2/10/2015 1:13 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 12:44 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
On 2/10/2015 11:55 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Ken Brown wrote:
I think the better way is for all libraries that rely on libpng15 to rebuild
Does this mean that there is some library which, after being rebuilt, will allow
Emacs to be build OB, linking to libpng16, without the need to install libpng15?
I think that's right. It looks to me like ImageMagick and fontconfig are both
adding -lpng15 to the link command line. I'm puzzled about fontconfig because
it was just rebuilt.
$ pkg-config --libs fontconfig
-lfontconfig -lexpat -lfreetype -lbz2 -lz -lpng15 -lm -lz -lexpat -lfreetype
-lbz2 -lz -lpng16 -lm -lz
Yaakov, can you explain this?
cygcheck -c libfontconfig-devel libfreetype-devel ?
Sorry, you lost me. I don't see anything in libfreetype-devel that
explains why the output of 'pkg-config --libs fontconfig' should contain
'-lpng15'. freetype2 itself doesn't have this problem:
$ pkg-config --libs freetype2
-lfreetype -lbz2 -lz -lpng16 -lm -lz
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple