This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: uname vs. cygcheck output discrepancy
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:04:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: uname vs. cygcheck output discrepancy
- References: <CALgEz7q4h3n7i2VVSFKCCxeEwU5LOPU=q4508KVQVtnv2oP01A at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 7/22/2013 6:00 PM, Balaji Venkataraman wrote:
I downloaded the latest version of setup-x86.exe (and
setup-x86_64.exe) and updated both my Cygwin installs. The 64bit
version seems to be okay but on 32b Cygwin, I notice a discrepancy in
the dll version number between uname and cygcheck.
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 [EDITED] 1.7.21(0.267/5/3) 2013-07-15 12:17 i686 Cygwin
$ cygcheck -V
cygcheck (cygwin) 1.7.22
Are you sure you don't need to reboot? If cygwin1.dll was in use while
you were installing and you didn't free it up, a reboot will be necessary
before you see the new cygwin1.dll.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple