This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: uname vs. cygcheck output discrepancy
- From: Balaji Venkataraman <balaji dot s dot venkataraman at gmail dot com>
- To: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:26:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: uname vs. cygcheck output discrepancy
- References: <CALgEz7q4h3n7i2VVSFKCCxeEwU5LOPU=q4508KVQVtnv2oP01A at mail dot gmail dot com> <51EDAC71 dot 5020202 at cygwin dot com>
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Are you sure you don't need to reboot? If cygwin1.dll was in use while
> you were installing and you didn't free it up, a reboot will be necessary
> before you see the new cygwin1.dll.
Yes, the reboot fixed it. I've updated my Cygwin (dll) w/o a reboot
many a time - after killing all server processes/services etc. - not
sure what happened this time. Sorry about the noise.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple