This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Windows 7 x64 - Postinstall script errors - Cygwin V 1.7.9-1
- From: "Carbonera, Carlos" <carlos dot carbonera at jostens dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:39:19 +0000
- Subject: Windows 7 x64 - Postinstall script errors - Cygwin V 1.7.9-1
- References: <6D1E734B3DB44B49B532A24EBC45BC3B011E8968@owbswjpxm08.jostens.com>
Problem 1. I am not able to install Cygwin on Windows 7 x64. I get the following errors at the end of the installation:
"Postinstall script errors
These do not necessarily mean that affected packages will fail to function
Properly, but please check /var/log/setup.log full and report any problems
xinit.sh exit code 3
brltty.sh exit code 1
postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh exit code 1
exim.sh exit code 1
rxvt.sh exit code 3
singular-icons.sh exit code 3"
Upon finishing the installation, I do not obtain the CYGWIN icon on my desktop as I requested, and the only two applications that appear on my "All Programs/Cygwin" folder are related to the application urxvtc-X.exe.
Problem 2: I cannot find the application that starts the X-Server. I found the CYGWIN.bat file and created a shortcut on my desktop. The CYGWIN bash application seems to be working.
I am using startxwin to start the X-Server; is this the the recommended method?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple