This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows 7 x64 - Postinstall script errors - Cygwin V 1.7.9-1
- From: Tim Prince <n8tm at aol dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:01:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: Windows 7 x64 - Postinstall script errors - Cygwin V 1.7.9-1
- References: <6D1E734B3DB44B49B532A24EBC45BC3B011E8968@owbswjpxm08.jostens.com> <6D1E734B3DB44B49B532A24EBC45BC3B011EB10E@owbswjpxm08.jostens.com>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On 02/03/2012 12:39 PM, Carbonera, Carlos wrote:
Did you use the current startup.exe recommended on cygwin.com?
Problem 1. I am not able to install Cygwin on Windows 7 x64. I get the following errors at the end of the installation:
"Postinstall script errors
Upon finishing the installation, I do not obtain the CYGWIN icon on my desktop as I requested, and the only two applications that appear on my "All Programs/Cygwin" folder are related to the application urxvtc-X.exe.
Problem 2: I cannot find the application that starts the X-Server. I found the CYGWIN.bat file and created a shortcut on my desktop. The CYGWIN bash application seems to be working.
I am using startxwin to start the X-Server; is this the the recommended method?
startxwin works for me, but it's messy with lots of warnings. The new
installation should give you an xwin icon on the startup menu. which
puts a menu icon in the hidden icons, with xserver among the selections.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple