This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cannot execute binary file
- From: Edvardsen KÃre <kare dot edvardsen at uit dot no>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "moss at cs dot umass dot edu" <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:10:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: cannot execute binary file
- References: <1320152408.5480.93.camel@kare-desktop>
Are there any debug options or logs to check when you get "cannot
execute binary file"?
On ti., 2011-11-01 at 13:00 +0000, Edvardsen KÃre wrote:
> On ti., 2011-11-01 at 07:28 -0500, Eliot Moss wrote:
> > On 11/1/2011 5:24 AM, Edvardsen KÃre wrote:
> > > I've built from source (gfortran) an application that won't run (cannot
> > > execute binary file) and the "file" command prompts: PE32 executable
> > > (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows. (Yes, chmod 755 is set for the
> > > executable...)
> > Here's a wondering: Are the necessary dll's installed properly?
> > Maybe you would see this if the program cannot link its libraries
> > during startup ...
> > Regards -- Eliot Moss
> I did "rebaseall" after installing a couple of necessary lib's.
> All compiling (configure, make etc) goes like nothing's wrong (just a
> few harmless warnings known for ages for this software). The only real
> error displayed is the: cannot execute binary file.
> I'll try to reinstall cygwin as admin to see if things change.