This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ADO does not work from bash
- From: Rafael Kitover <rkitover at cpan dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 07:09:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: ADO does not work from bash
- References: <4D5288D2.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: rkitover at cpan dot org
On 2/9/2011 7:30 AM, Rafael Kitover wrote:
> I first reported this problem to the Win32::OLE Perl module RT queue,
> but as it turns out, the problem is in the Cygwin shell environment and
> not in the Cygwin perl or the module.
> From Cygwin bash:
> $ perl -MWin32::OLE -wle 'Win32::OLE->new("ADODB.Connection")'
> Win32::OLE(0.1709) error 0x8007007e: "The specified module could not be
> found" at -e line 1
> In a cmd.exe window:
> c:\users\rkitover>c:\cygwin\bin\perl -MWin32::OLE -wle
> that executes successfully.
> Any ideas what can cause this?
> It seems unlikely to be environment variables as Cygwin leaves most
> environment variables alone, and COMSPEC is still set to cmd.exe.
Anyone have an idea?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple