This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Accessing folders elsewhere than C:\cygwin
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:42:37 +0000
- Subject: Accessing folders elsewhere than C:\cygwin
I have Cygwin mounted conventionally under Q:\cygwin.
I would like to access files under Q:\else.
But (for example) ls ../../.. only ever attains \cygwin (and lower).
I can use ls /cygdrive/q/else/ (and lower) but this means knowing the
drive name (in this case Q:)
I don't much want to change mount points which are currently
Is there a way I can get to Q:\else without knowing the drive name Q:?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple