This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.7.0-63 problems with X programs
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 12:03:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.7.0-63 problems with X programs
- References: <4AF583C1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Nov 7 09:27, Eliot Moss wrote:
> Like another user, I had difficulty getting X to fire up.
> After setting LANG=en_US.UTF-8 I got farther, but these issues
> Each xterm, xemacs, and xclock I start outputs this:
> Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
> I also get a series of:
> twm: warning: font for charset XXX is lacking.
> Where XXX is replaced by each of these in turn:
> Those three lines repeat 6 times.
> 1) the whole deal takes noticeably longer to start
> 2) xemacs does not receive its normal geometry from .Xdefaults
> 3) each xterm started from .xinitrc has a blank line
> before the initial bash prompt, that wasn't present before
I can reproduce that, but I can't make any sense of it. What on earth
does that have to do with setting LANG to "en_US.UTF-8"?!?
I'll redirect this to the cygwin-xfree list.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple