This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygwin 1.7.0-63 problems with X programs
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 09:27:13 -0500
- Subject: cygwin 1.7.0-63 problems with X programs
Like another user, I had difficulty getting X to fire up.
After setting LANG=en_US.UTF-8 I got farther, but these issues
Each xterm, xemacs, and xclock I start outputs this:
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
I also get a series of:
twm: warning: font for charset XXX is lacking.
Where XXX is replaced by each of these in turn:
Those three lines repeat 6 times.
1) the whole deal takes noticeably longer to start
2) xemacs does not receive its normal geometry from .Xdefaults
3) each xterm started from .xinitrc has a blank line
before the initial bash prompt, that wasn't present before
For the moment it looks wiser for me to revert to 62. I was
trying to get past an rsync problem, that I may report in
another email if I can't resolve it ...
Thanks -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple