howto obtain the used space of "/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information"

Hi,

I backup Windows XP as well as Windows Vista by using rsyncd.
Thats working fine.
But I have a difference between the used space in source and destination.
Some of this differences are justified in my exclusions of pagefile.sys and
hiberfile.sys.
Another part, I am sure, by "System Volume Information".

How to obtain the used space of "/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information"?
du returns:
du: cannot read directory `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information':
Permission denied

br
Matthias
--