This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: WARNING bootstrapping GFortran on Cygwin
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Angelo Graziosi <Angelo dot Graziosi at roma1 dot infn dot it>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 00:46:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: WARNING bootstrapping GFortran on Cygwin
- References: <Pine.CYG.4.58.0708220900590.3964@homepc>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> configure: WARNING: fixed-point is not supported for this target
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> This warning was absent with the bootstrap I did 20070819 trunk-127626.
That's because this is a new feature that was just merged. The specific
patch that added it seems to be
+[ --enable-fixed-point enable fixed-point arithmetic extension to
+ case $target in
+ AC_MSG_WARN(fixed-point is not supported for this target,
It does seem a bit spurious to AC_MSG_WARN on all non-supported targets,
even if the user didn't attempt any --enable-fixed-point, but you can at
least silence it with --disable-fixed-point.
> Should I 'tune' the build adding something in 'configure' ?
Pretty sure this requires hardware support, e.g. on a DSP. Not the kind
of thing they make configure switches for... :)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html