Re: Bash 3.1.17(9) $@ Expansion error

Hi,

Back in start of November (6th), I had to re-install/upgrade cygwin/bash to alow me to use some additional programs. At this time I found out that the upgraded bash had a fault in it that prevented it from expanding $@ correctly. Not being a subscriber to the mailing list I did not see the reply from Eric untill today.

I have just upgraded to bash-3.2.9(9)-release and the BUG is still present, together with some more serious ones:

  When used in an Xterm under X (xinit), bash repeatedly tries to access
  memory that it should not access and at times it terminates without
  warning for no known reason.

Apart from being very in-convinient, these new bugs may have been responsible for trashing the NTFS partition on one of my other systems however there are other posible causes for that particular failure (dieing, now decesed PCI IDE controller).

I need a reliable version of bash for a lot of scripts that I use so I am going to try to find a backup with a reliable version. If I can find one, I will have a look at the source (if available) to see what has changed between the versions with the aim of contributing a fix.

In the meen time, if someone knows any work arounds for the X issues, I would be interested.

Regards
	Mark.