This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe roadblocks
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, richard at skydive1 dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:36:43 -0600
- Subject: Re: setup.exe roadblocks
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200607052316.k65NGd6Q011708@sd.skydive1.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Richard Foulk on 7/5/2006 5:16 PM:
> My apologies for the substandard report. I forgot to take notes the
> last time it happened. :-( Now I remember ... it's the message that
> warns about files having changed -- so you need to reboot or things
> won't work right.
> But this stops the download until you dismiss the popup. :-(
The solution is simple. Ensure that no cygwin processes are running
before you start setup.exe, then no cygwin files will be in use and
setup.exe will have no reason to popup a box.
Life is short - so eat dessert first!
Eric Blake email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v220.127.116.11 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html