This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:20:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* email@example.com (2005-10-25 18:55 +0100)
> I would like to be able to have a portable version of cygwin in my Flash Drive.
> I have been able to do it but it requires that I enter some registry entries
> such as:
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/]
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin]
> (as simple as double clicking a .reg file, however:)
> Many computers at my university do not allow access to the registry and
> modification of it.
Use the HKEY_CURRENT_USER entries...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html