This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries
- From: gtg793x at mail dot gatech dot edu
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:55:48 -0400
- Subject: AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries
I would like to be able to have a portable version of cygwin in my Flash Drive.
I have been able to do it but it requires that I enter some registry entries
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin]
(as simple as double clicking a .reg file, however:)
Many computers at my university do not allow access to the registry and
modification of it.
All I really need is the X server, and I have been able to lean it down to a 23
MB package that runs it (as a background process).
An unfinished but working copy at: http://tinyurl.com/8pu2x
* Any older versions that do not use the registry but use relative directories?
* Would it be possible to wrap the executable and feed it an 'alternate
* Warning: I have (for now) minimal experience and limited resources.
George T Gurdell, gtg793x at gatech dot edu
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html