This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron won't execute tasks
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Robert Pollard <rpollard at apple dot com>,Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:04:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: cron won't execute tasks
- References: <9F0386F4-2940-11D9-A394-000A957A7EA8@apple.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 08:22 PM 10/28/2004, you wrote:
>This problem is driving me insane (I don't have far to go ;-).
>Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition, quad processor, 12 GB RAM. Just downloaded Cygwin a few days ago. So, it should be the latest.
>The possible root cause:
>BTW, I am trying to run cron as a service.
>Our IT person installed Cygwin under a domain account. Cron would run every minute but wouldn't switch user context. So, I had him re-install Cygwin under a new local account that was assigned to the Windows Administrators group.
In addition to what Igor said, make sure you've read
'/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron.README'. 'crond' won't be able to switch users
if your service isn't run as SYSTEM. Running it as a member of the Domain
Users and/or Administrators is of no value/use.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html