This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unable to open the display on local machine
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:33:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: unable to open the display on local machine
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 08:12:56AM +0100, email@example.com wrote:
>I have installed cygwin localy on a W2K PC.
>I have installed the package ghostview, using the setup.exe utility.
>Now, if I try to start ghostview, I type:
>$ gv &
>I get the error message:
>gv: Unable to open the display.
>I tried to set the DISPLAY variable:
>$setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0
>But the setenv command is not known.
>So I tried with set:
>$set DISPLAY localhost:0.0
>But this does not seem to do anything.
>When I echo the variable DISPLAY:
>I just get a blank line.
>Help would be very apreciated.
Redirecting to the mailing list devoted to Cygwin/X and shutting down this
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html