unable to open the display on local machine

Hello,

I have installed cygwin localy on a W2K PC.
I have installed the package ghostview, using the setup.exe utility.
Now, if I try to start ghostview, I type:
$ gv &
I get the error message:
gv: Unable to open the display.

I tried to set the DISPLAY variable: