This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh: Permission denied
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: friedrich_lehn at ch dot schindler dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:49:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: ssh: Permission denied
- References: <OFDE457F2B.70952A4F-ONC1256DE3.005C9F9B@ebi.schindler.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 12:02 PM 11/19/2003, firstname.lastname@example.org you wrote:
>I've installed ssh.
>I managed to get passwordless access via RSA.
>However, I didn't manage to get access via password authentication.
>/etc/passwd seems to be OK, I tried different accounts (local, domain,
>admin) for login and for the sshd service log on account - no success.
>TIA for any hints, Friedrich
Since password authentication is generally far easier to configure (i.e.
you generally get it "for free"), I'm going to have to direct you to
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html> with the added comment that you should
think about what information might be necessary for someone else to see
what your problem might be. This process may even present the solution
without the need for the repost. I'd recommend that you scrutinize ssh
and sshd debug output (from their respective debug modes) and log files
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html